- Frontier: Elite II. by David Braben and Ian Bell - the seed of Pioneer Space sim, which started as FOSS re-implemetation of Frontier.
- Independence War 1. and 2. by Particle Systems - these games have very a satisfying flight model and enjoyable combat
- The Expanse by James S. A. Corey and the TV series adaptation - the nitty-gritty of spaceflight here is quite similar to what Pioneer has
- Atomic Rockets by Winchell Chung - a treasure trove of information about the science of space flight and spaceships both real world and sci-fi
- Elite: Dangerous - has some interesting gameplay and visual ideas. Also, a descendant of Frontier, which is sure something!
- Star Citizen - the complex one, albeit we do not strive for this kind of detail. There are some nice visual workflow ideas in there as well
- Nebulous: Space Combat - the interface can give some nice ideas about overview/management level interfaces, and combat is very detailed
- Dwarf Fortress 😛 - mostly the systemic/emergent gameplay aspect
- List to be expanded, especially with non-spacesim games for the other parts